The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) in collaboration with The Lancet, the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) and The Rockefeller Foundation invite you to the above mentioned event to be hosted by the Director of PAHO/WHO, Dr. Carissa Etienne, to coincide with the launch of the Lancet Series on Universal Health Coverage in the Americas. The event will showcase the Special Series and in particular Latin America’s unique experience in moving towards Universal Health Coverage.
The Lancet Series will be presented by Dr. Jeanette Vega, Senior Editor of The Lancet Series, and Director ofFONASA (Chile).
Thereafter, a high-level panel will be moderated by Dr. Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, The Lancet.
Panelists will also include:
– Ministers of Health from the Region of the Americas
– Dr. Tim Evans, Director, Health, Nutrition and Population, The World Bank
– Dr. Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary, ECLAC
Information about the event:
– Day: 16 October 2014 – from 11am to 1pm (Washington, DC time)
– Simultaneous translation will be provided in English and Spanish.
– Link to join the English session www.paho.org/virtual/HSS-UniversalHealthCoverage (Blackboard web conferencing. If necessary, follow the instructions from the website to install the app).
– Link to join the Spanish session www.paho.org/virtual/HSS-CoberturaUniversalenSalud